Coronavirus Update: Washington College responds to coronavirus outbreak. More Info

World Languages and Cultures

How to transfer courses

Students sometimes wish to pursue summer courses in order to fulfill their language requirement. If this is the case, please follow the steps below.


  1. Identify a course that you would like to take and send the link of the course and course description to the Associate Chair of the Department of World Languages and Cultures, Professor Nicole Grewling (
  2. You will receive a reply which will tell you if the course has been accepted.
  3. Print and complete this form:
  4. Arrange to have the form signed by Professor Grewling.
  5. Turn in the form to the Registrar’s Office.
  6. Once you have completed the course, have an official transcript of the course sent from that institution to the Washington College Registrar’s office.


Please note that our department does not accept online or hybrid courses.