Senior Capstone Experience
The Senior Capstone Experience (SCE) in English is an opportunity for English majors to bring their research and interpretive abilities, their writing skills, and their understanding of the literary tradition to bear on a long-term, independent project in the form of an essay and annotated bibliography that will serve as the culmination of their literary studies at Washington College. The SCE for English majors exemplifies each student’s accumulated knowledge and mastery of literary analysis.
For those students graduating Dec of 2018
- October 27, 2017: Select area of interest and SCE advisor.
- February 2, 2018: Thesis proposal due.
- April 27, 2018: Annotated bibliography due.
- November 16, 2018: Completed theses due.
For those students graduating May of 2019
- March 23, 2018: Select area of interest and SCE advisor.
- September 7, 2018: Thesis proposal due.
- November 30, 2018: Annotated bibliography due.
- April 5, 2019: Completed theses due.