Senior Capstone Experience
The Senior Capstone Experience (SCE) in English is an opportunity for English majors to bring their research and interpretive abilities, their writing skills, and their understanding of the literary tradition to bear on a long-term, independent project in the form of an essay and annotated bibliography that will serve as the culmination of their literary studies at Washington College. The SCE for English majors exemplifies each student’s accumulated knowledge and mastery of literary analysis.
For students graduating in May of 2014:
- November 22, 2013: First departmental deadline to assess sufficient progress.
- December 5, 2013: Annotated bibliography due.
- April 11, 2014, 4 pm: Completed thesis due.
For those students graduating December of 2014:
- January 31, 2014: Thesis Proposal due.
- May 1, 2014: Annotated bibliography due to advisor
- November 14, 2014: Completed thesis due.
For students graduating in May of 2015 (those who are juniors in the 2013-14 academic year):
- March 28, 2014: Select area of interest and SCE advisor.
- September 5, 2014: Thesis proposal due.
- December 4, 2014: Annotated bibliography due.
- April 10, 2015: Completed theses due.