Requirements: Minors in English
Five courses at the 300-400 level are required for a minor in English. ENG 205 and ENG 206 Shakespeare may also count as upper-level courses for the English minor. There is no senior project or exit requirement for English minors.
Creative Writing Minor
The minor in creative writing can be achieved through the successful completion of five courses—Introduction to Creative Writing and then any combination of four of the 300-400 level courses indicated below as well as designated “special topics” courses.
- ENG 103. Introduction to Creative Writing
- ENG/DRA 351. Playwriting I
- ENG 352. Forms of Poetry
- ENG 353. Contemporary American Literature: Living Writers
- ENG/DRA 451. Playwriting II
- ENG 452. Creative Writing Workshop: Fiction
- ENG 453. Creative Writing Workshop: Poetry
- ENG 454. Creative Writing Workshop: Nonfiction