The Chemistry Minor
Students can also minor in chemistry by taking a total of six courses within the department.
Required Courses for the Chemistry Minor
Students must take the following four courses to minor in chemistry.
- CHE 120 Chemical Principles of Organic Molecules
- CHE 140 Reactions of Organic Molecules
- CHE 220 Quantitative Chemical Analysis
- CHE 240 Chemistry of the Elements
Students need to take two chemistry courses at the 200 level or above. Some examples of these are:
- CHE 210 Environmental Chemistry
- CHE 303 Chemistry of Biological Compounds
- CHE 309 Biochemistry
- CHE 310 Green and Sustainable Chemistry
- CHE 320 Intro to Medicinal Chemistry