- 2012 - Katherine Kreft and Paige Kube
- 2011 - Joshua Goheen and Jimmy Comotto
- 2010 - Jessica Magdeburger and Eshan Patel
- 2009 - Christine Lynch and Diane Hagmann
- 2008 - Khadiza Chowdhury and Meaghan Moxley
- 2007 - Candace Gaull and William Ostrander
The James R. Miller ’51 Award For Excellence in Chemistry is given at Commencement to an outstanding senior majoring in chemistry or pursuing premedical studies who has demonstrated special interest and high academic achievement in chemistry.
The Joseph H. McLain ’37 Prize is awarded to the graduating senior who shows the greatest promise for making a future contribution to human understanding of chemistry. This prize was endowed in 1982 by members of the American Pyrotechnics Association.