Follow the money.
The Accounting & Finance minor prepares students from all majors for future employment or further study in these in-demand fields.
The minor consists of four core courses and four electives. Business Management majors who complete the requirements identified below will earn a Specialization in Accounting and Finance, while non-Business Management majors earn a Minor in Accounting and Finance.
Accounting & Finance directors
Prof. Hui-Ju Tsai, Dept. of Business Management
Prof. Lansing Williams, Dept. of Business Management
Four Core Courses
- Statistics course (usually, BUS 109 Managerial Statistics or MAT 109 Statistics)
- ECN 111 Introduction to Macroeconomics or ECN 112 Introduction to Microeconomics
- BUS 112 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- BUS 209 Financial Analysis
Four Elective Courses (at least one from each area)
- BUS 212. Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BUS 340. Intermediate Accounting
- BUS 341. Income Tax Accounting
- BUS 342. Auditing
- BUS 355. Corporate Finance
- BUS 440. Investments
- BUS 455. Financial Derivatives
- ECN 411. International Finance