On this page, you can find all details concerning conference tuition and what your successful registration includes. When you are ready to register for the Cherry Tree Young Writers’ Conference, you should complete the online registration form. The registration deadline for the 2020 Conference is June 15. If you have any questions after reading all information included here, please contact James Allen Hall at email@example.com.
The fifth annual Cherry Tree Young Writers’ Conference will be held July 15-18, 2020.
The tuition fee for the 2020 Cherry Tree Young Writers’ Conference is $295. This includes a bonus workshop, “Tips & Tricks for Writing a Successful College Admissions Essay,” offered by experienced Washington College Admissions staff.
Your tuition fee covers the following:
- Registration in one of three creative writing workshops: Poetry, Fiction, or Creative Nonfiction. Each workshop has a limited number of slots, which will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Literature Discussions, Craft Talks, and Readings presented by Conference Faculty, Staff, and Interns. There will also be scheduled Open Mic Readings at which attendees will be invited to participate by reading from their own creative writing.
- Print Shop Demonstration filmed in our state-of-the-art letterpress studio, and a signed copy of the letterpress broadside featuring Creative Nonfiction faculty leader, Randon Billings Noble.
- A free copy of our latest issue of Cherry Tree: A National Literary Journal @ Washington College, which features fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction by acclaimed contemporary writers.
The total cost for tuition for the 2020 CTYWC is $295. Tuition payment is due at time of registration. When you fill out the online registration form, you will be redirected to an online payments page to complete your transaction.
We are delighted to announce that any conference participant who goes on to enroll at Washington College will receive a one-time Engagement Credit that will lower their first-year tuition by $1,000.
All proceeds are used solely to benefit the operation of the Cherry Tree Young Writers’ Conference and all associated programs.
We offer a number of scholarships covering the full cost of tuition. These fall into two groups:
- General Merit Scholarships, which are open to all interested students.
- Dixon Scholarships, which are reserved for students from (or attending school in) Kent & Queen Anne’s Counties, Maryland. Click here to learn more about our scholarship opportunities.
Please note: If you choose to apply for a scholarship in lieu of payment, we will not be able to guarantee you a place in the workshop genre of your choice. When you submit a scholarship application, your specific workshop spot is not secured until such time as a scholarship is awarded or the registration fee is paid. If you are not awarded a scholarship, you will have the opportunity to continue as a paying attendee, but you will be limited to whichever workshop spots are still available at that time. In the past, our Fiction Workshop has often reached capacity before the registration deadline.