On this page, you can find all details concerning conference tuition and what your successful registration includes. When you are ready to register for the Cherry Tree Young Writers’ Conference, you should complete the online registration form. The registration deadline for the 2019 Conference is June 15. If you have any questions after reading all information included here, please contact Lindsay Lusby at email@example.com.
The fourth annual Cherry Tree Young Writers’ Conference will be held July 17-20, 2019.
The flat tuition fee for the Cherry Tree Young Writers’ Conference is $700.
To register for the optional “Find Your Voice: Writing the College Application Essay” workshop session, there is an additional $50 fee.
The early registration fee for the Conference is only $600, if completed by April 5. This is a savings of up to $150. So make sure to grab your spot early!
Your tuition fee covers the following:
- Room & board for the duration of the conference. Attendees will be housed in Washington College dormitory suites. Each suite has four separate bedrooms, two shared bathrooms, and a common living room area. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are provided by College Dining Services in Hodson Hall.
- Registration in one of three creative writing workshops: Poetry, Fiction, or Creative Nonfiction. Each workshop is capped at a maximum of 10 students. Early registration (excluding scholarship applications) will guarantee your spot in your first-choice workshop.
- Attendance at all Literature Discussions, Craft Panels, and Readings presented by Conference Faculty, Staff, and Interns. There will also be several scheduled Open Mic Readings at which attendees will be invited to participate by reading from their own creative writing.
- Print Shop Demonstration in our state-of-the-art letterpress studio, and a signed copy of the letterpress broadside, printed by students during the Conference.
Tuition payment is due at time of registration. When you fill out the online registration form, you will be redirected to an online payments page to complete your transaction.
All proceeds are used solely to benefit the operation of the Cherry Tree Young Writers’ Conference and all associated programs.
We offer a total of eight merit-based scholarships that cover the full cost of tuition.
- Each year, there are four available General Merit Scholarships, which are open to all interested students.
- There are also four Dixon Scholarships reserved for Maryland students from Kent & Queen Anne’s Counties. Click here to learn more about our scholarship opportunities.
Please note: If you choose to apply for a scholarship in lieu of payment, we will not be able to guarantee you a place in the workshop genre of your choice. When you submit a scholarship application, you are considered pre-registered for the conference. No matter when your application is submitted, your specific workshop spot is not secured until such time as a scholarship is awarded or the registration fee is paid. All workshops are capped at 10 students each—first come, first served. If you are not awarded a scholarship, you will have the opportunity to continue as a paying attendee, but you will be limited to whichever workshop spots are still available at that time. In the past, our Fiction Workshop has filled before the registration deadline and has had to close early.
**REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED**