Delmarva GIS Conference 2018
Delmarva GIS Conference
Staff and student interns attended the Delmarva GIS Conference in Dover, Delaware during the last week of April. The conference is a place for GIS professionals and students in the Delmarva area to share what they’ve been working on, make new connections, and learn more about GIS.
The GIS staff members that attended all had something to do directly with the conference or gave presentations at the event. The staff and their contribution are as follows…
- Erica McMaster: The co-chair of the Delmarva GIS Conference.
- Sean Lynn: Ran a morning workshop on tips and tricks using ArcGIS Pro.
Photo Coming Soon
- Alicia Shipley: Presented a lightning talk on using GIS to support Aggressive Driving Initiative.
- Alec Cottone: Presented a lightning talk on using GeoDa for Crash Analysis.
- Michael McGahee: Presented a lightning talk on Using GIS to Identify Areas for DUI Enforcement and Analyzing Impacts.
- Luis Machado: Presented a lightning talk on GEOINT in Education; A Subject of Value.
- Katie Walker: Presented a lightning talk on The Power of Citizen Science and Data Collection.
The GIS Interns that attended all presented posters. The intern and their posters are as follows…
- Taylor Blades: Can You Hear Me Now? The Struggle for Viable Communication Providers in Maryland’s Mid-Shore Counties
- Chelsea Stevens: The Dangers of Being a Pedestrian: What Mode is More Susceptible a Fatal Crash on Maryland Roadways
- Kerri Harrigan: Implementing Other Programming Models into GIS to Facilitate Data
- Ronnie Hastings: Impactful Enforcement on Delmarva: Route 13 DUI Analysis
- Sarlina Joseph: The Struggle is Real: Lack of Transportation in Maryland’s Mid-Shore Counties
- Jacob Vassalotti: presented a web app called Recycling and Trash Bin Inventory at Washington College
Sarlina was the Student Poster Presenter winner and Jacob was the Student Map App winner! All of our interns did an amazing job at the conference. We are thankful that they had the opportunity to attend and gain new connections and professional experience.