Election results are in! The GIS Program wants to congratulate their Director, Erica McMaster, on winning the Regional Caucus Chair for the Maryland State Geographic Information Committee (MSGIC).
McMaster explains that she chose to run for this position because “it’s not only a great professional growth opportunity but also an honor to be part of the Maryland State Geographic Information Committee, and to serve as the Regional Caucus Chair where I can pull together my interest and experience in working with regional groups in the GIS community. I hope to bring together groups from Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virginia, as there is a lot of synergy in the work we do!”
In this position she gets to combine her interest and experience in GIS work and working with regional groups in the GIS community.
McMaster’s position as Regional Caucus Chair entails…
* Acting as an Advocate for Regional Groups and Issues on the MSGIC Executive Committee
* Maintaining a List of Regional Organizations and MSGIC Members Interested in Regional Issues
* Reaching Out to Regional Groups to Promote MSGIC Participation
* Informing Caucus Members of MSGIC, Federal, State, Local and Regional News and Activities
* Facilitating Meetings and Other In-person Networking Opportunities for Caucus Members
* Seeking Out and Coordinate Opportunities for Collaboration for Regional Groups
* Pursuing Educational Opportunities on Behalf of Caucus Members
Her role on the MSGIC will positively affect the WC GIS Program and its outreach. As a GIS Professional she is committed to giving back to the GIS community and this opportunity is a great way to do this.
McMaster expressed that, “as a GIS Professional, I am committed to giving back to the GIS community in any way I can. These volunteer opportunities within established committees and groups is a great way to do this. The Washington College GIS Program has been playing a larger in networking and communicating our work at conferences and meetings around the state. MSGIC members are from federal, state, and local government, private sectors, non-profits, and academia. To be able to learn from my peers, yet also serve them to promote GIS coordination within the region is an honor.”
McMaster is honored be able to learn from everyone on the MSGIC as she aids them in promoting GIS coordination within the region. The GIS Program is proud to congratulate McMaster on this new honor!
To learn more about the Maryland State Geographic Information Committee check out their website: http://msgic.org/.