Alumni Weekend 2017
As of May, 26 2017, at 11:59PM, online registration will be closed. Please call 410-810-5742 to register, or to modify your registration.
Friday, June 2
- The members of the Alumni Board will host an opening happy hour in the Gibson Center for the Arts.
- Celebrations will be held to honor the following groups of alumni:
- The Class of 1992 invite their classmates and friends to join them for a cruise aboard the Chester River Packet.
- The Class of 1967 will celebrate 50 years with dinner in the Casey Academic Center followed by a sunset cruise on the Callinectes.
- The Older & Wiser Loyalists, Classes of 1937-1966, will host cocktail hour and buffet dinner on the lawn of Cromwell Hall.
- The All Alumni Bonfire with s’mores and music provided by alumni Dale Trusheim ’72, Ian Trusheim ’07, and friends. They will play some classic tunes from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and beyond.
Saturday, June 3
- Throughout the day, various tours & programs will be offered, including:
- Professor Bill Schindler will host an interactive regression into the times our hunter-gatherer roots. He will take alumni on an educational walk through Chestertown exploring all nature has to offer. As an additional treat everything that is foraged will be prepared and served at the All-Alumni event that evening.
- C.V. Starr Center Deputy Director Patrick Nugent will lead a walking tour, “The Way We Worked”, a Smithsonian exhibit, exploring the history of work and particularly African-American labor.
- Tour Chino Farms, an exploration of the Center for Environment & Society’s projects at the 5,000 acre farm.
- A staple that cannot be missed during alumni weekend is the All Campus Picnic on the campus green. Join professors, and staff mentors for a relaxing lunch while listening to live music. After the All Campus Picnic work off your lunch at the Alumni Games, show the other classes what you’re made of and prove once and for all who is the best class.
- Visit various campus locations for other special events:
- Hillel Open House
- WC Alumni Writers’ Union Reading
- Dramalumni Performance
- Wine & Spirit Tasting
- Join President Sheila Bair for dinner and an update on College initiatives.
- The Classes of 2002 & 2007 are hosting a Crab Feast down at the Hynson Pavilion on the Chester River.
- 2010’s Decade Celebration: “The Back at WAC Cruise,” on the Chester River Packet, hosted by the Class of 2012.
- Fireworks and All Alumni Locally Crafted Event on the Library Terrace with live music by Ashley Mitchell ’11, with River & Rhodes.
Sunday, June 4
- Enjoy the best the dining hall has to offer in a delicious brunch.
And much, much more fun for all alumni, friends, and family!
Dorm accommodations are available at the link below. Just follow the event registration all the way through to reserve a room. If you have a special dorm request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to accommodate as many requests as possible.
Click below to connect with Washington College Alumni on Social Media.