3rd Annual Washington College Piano Festival Saturday, April 23rd, 2022
The 3rd annual Washington College Piano Festival will be conducted entirely in-person. Washington College Festival invites participants of all ages to further develop their talents in an immersive educational experience. Students will have the opportunity to take piano lessons with Washington College piano faculty, Dr. Woobin Park, attend an workshop, and compete to win prizes in the Washington College Piano Competition. Our featured guest artist, Caroline Oltmanns (https://www.caroline-oltmanns.com) will be teaching a master class for the selected participants and presents her solo recital in the evening at 7:30 PM, Hotchkiss Recital Hall.
To apply, send a completed application, an audition recording, and a $50 application fee (Washington College students exempt from this fee) by April 1, 2022.
Applicants will be notified about their acceptance no later than April 10, 2022. There is no additional participation fee for accepted applicants.
- 10am-10:30am: Registration/Welcome students - Hotchkiss Recital Hall Lobby
- 10:30am-12pm: Master Class taught by Caroline Oltmanns - Hotchkiss Recital Hall
- 12pm-1pm: Lunch (Pizza + salad), Gibson Room 116 (included in fees)
- 1pm-2pm: Campus Tour, meet in Gibson Lobby
- 1pm-3pm: Piano lessons with Dr. Park, Room 207 or Hotchkiss Recital Hall
- 3:30pm-5pm: Washington College Piano Festival Student Showcase/Competition - Hotchkiss Recital Hall
***Concert for all participants with prizes for top performers
- 5pm-7pm: Dinner in Hodson Dining Hall (closes at 6pm) and/or explore downtown Chestertown (not included in fees)
- 7:15pm: Announce Showcase Prize Winners, Hotchkiss
- 7:30pm: Concert Series Performance: Caroline Oltmanns – Hotchkiss
**Cost for concert included in fees