The 100 Proof Annual Student Artwork Exhibition is Kohl Gallery’s annual showcase of artworks created by Washington College students from all majors.
Held each year in the Spring, the 100 Proof Annual Student Artwork Exhibition highlights a broad range of artworks from both traditional and experimental mediums, processes and concepts. A call for artwork submissions is issued each February, and selections are made by a guest juror; recent jurors have included notable artists, curators, gallerists and other arts professionals from Baltimore, Washington DC, and further afield.
Kohl Gallery is pleased to announce the 2019 Call for Artworks for the 100 Proof Annual Student Artwork Exhibition.
Deadline for submissions is Monday, Feb. 25 at 11:59PM
Kohl Gallery’s annual 100 Proof Juried Student Art Exhibition is open for submissions from all Washington College students. Selected works will be exhibited from March 28 – April 7, with a public opening reception on March 28 from 4:30-6:00PM.
This year’s exhibit is open to all mediums and themes, and all Washington College students from all majors are encouraged to apply. Experimental and ephemeral forms, including proposals for installation and performance art, are also encouraged. Artistic collaborations are welcome.
The 2019 100 Proof Exhibition will be juried by professional artist Mehveş Lelic (www.mehveslelic.com). Lelic is an Istanbul-born photographer now based in Salisbury, MD. Lelic’s works have been exhibited internationally throughout the US, France, Turkey and the Netherlands, and she has been awarded the National Geographic Expeditions Council Fellowship, Turkish Cultural Foundation Cultural Exchange Fellowship in the Arts and a City of Chicago Individual Artists’ Program Grant.
Final selections will be based on the following criteria: artwork quality (the most important criteria); clarity of submitted images; and logistical feasibility.
- You may submit up to four artworks for consideration.
- Artworks must be submitted as digital images. Ensure that the following image criteria are met:
- images clearly depict artwork against a neutral background with minimal distractions
- you may submit one additional detail image per artwork if needed
- all images should be sized to approximately 6”x8” at 72dpi, max 1MB per image
- all images should be saved as .jpg
- name images with your name and the number that corresponds to the artwork submission form (i.e., JaneArtist_1.jpg, JaneArtist_1detail.jpg, JaneArtist_2.jpg, etc.)
- Complete the Submission Form
- Submit all images and completed Submission Form in a single email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use ’100 PROOF SUBMISSION – YourFirstName LastName’ as the email subject line (i.e., 100 PROOF SUBMISSION – Jane Artist)
Applications due by 11:59PM (Monday) – no exceptions
Selections announced via email
Artwork drop off/ Installation at Kohl Gallery (acceptance email will indicate whether your work must be dropped off or installed by you)
Exhibition opens with Opening Reception 4:30-6pm. Brief artist talks (optional, informal) begin at 5pm.
De-installation/ pick up artwork between 2-6pm (all unclaimed artwork will be discarded after the 6pm deadline; no exceptions)