IF I JOIN, WHAT DO I GET?
- May attend any or all of the courses offered by the Academy,
- May attend Learn at Lunch events at a reduced cost,
- May attend the Annual Meeting and the Annual Holiday Dinner (at a discounted rate),
- Can participate in the WC-ALL Mentor Program, which arranges one-to-one relationships with Washington College students in need of transitional assistance, and
- Has the opportunity to offer a course in his or her area of expertise.
WHAT ARE THE FEES?
Current (2012-13) membership fees are:
- Individual Annual $130
- Individual Semester $95
- Couple Annual $190
- Couple Semester $135
- Friend of WC-ALL Annual $30
- Students, staff and faculty of Washington College - No fee
Note that a Friend of WC-ALL is entitled to receive all mailings and to pay the reduced member fee for Learn at Lunches and special events; a Friend is not entitled to course attendance.
WHAT ELSE DOES MEMBERSHIP MEAN?
Academy membership is open to anyone with intellectual curiosity and a willingness to engage in the pursuit of knowledge. You may bring with you ideas for topics which you would like to study or teach (If you wish to explore ideas for a course, contact Meghan Siudzinski who will put you in touch with a member of the curriculum committee.); you may become a discussion leader; you are encouraged to take part in the work of committees from curriculum-building, to publicizing events, to planning and carrying out group activities.
Annual Membership begins in the fall of each year and includes registration for courses in any of our four, usually six-week, sessions:
- Early Fall
- Late Fall
- Early Spring
- Late Spring
To become a member, contact the Administrator, below.
Tuition assistance in the form of an “ALLship” may be available on a case by case basis. Send a written request to the WC-ALL office to apply.
300 Washington Avenue
Chestertown MD 21620