Washington Signature
[ Search and Navigation ]   [ View Full Site ]
Offices & Services

Office of the Registrar


An official transcript is more than just a list of the courses you’ve taken and the grades you’ve earned.

It is the primary credential used by graduate schools and many employers when verifying that a student is making progress or that a graduate has completed a degree at Washington College. The Registrar’s Office maintains the integrity of each student’s academic record, and also tightly controls who may access these records. By federal law, transcripts cannot be released to anyone without prior written authorization from the student. Telephone requests can not be honored. To learn more about the College’s record release policy, click here.

Note: If the Washington College Business Office, or another administrative office, has placed a “hold” on your student record, you must settle the account before the Registrar’s Office will produce your official transcript.

Transcript Cost

If you attended or graduated from Washington College before 1995, a fee of $5.00 per transcript is requested. For graduates after the Class of 1995, and all students who have attended WC since, official transcripts are free (NOTE: ALL RTC students must pay a $5.00 cost, regardless of attendance date). Payment must accompany the request; checks or money orders should be made payable to Washington College. We do not accept credit card payments for transcript service.

To Order an Official Transcript


Download and complete the Transcript Request Form (printable | interactive). You may ONLY submit a completed interactive form via your washcoll.edu email account. You may submit the standard form via email if you print the document, physically sign it, and send it as an attachment originating from any email account.

Note: We recommend the use of Adobe Reader software to view and complete interactive forms. Some of the features embedded in these forms, particularly digital signatures, will not work if you view the file in a web browser tab or window. To download the free Adobe Reader software, click here. It is also recommended that you save the completed form with a different filename before emailing it to the .

Macintosh Users: Please do NOT use the “Preview” application to complete interactive forms. This application has a known bug that corrupts .PDF files when saved. If you send us a form that you completed and saved in Preview, all entries will appear as blank fields and we will not be able to process your form.

In Person

Visit the Registrar’s Office in the basement of Bunting Hall to complete a Transcript Request Form.

Through the Mail

Mail the completed Transcript Request Form (printable | interactive) to the following address:

Office of the Registrar
Washington College
300 Washington Avenue
Chestertown, MD 21620


The letter must include:

  • Full name at the time of attendance (include former or maiden name)
  • Social Security Number and/or WC ID# if known
  • Dates of attendance or year of graduation
  • Academic level of the transcript (e.g. undergraduate, graduate, RTC, More Able, etc.)
  • Current home address and telephone number where you may be reached
  • The complete address where the transcript will be sent
  • Your signature

Via Fax

Download and complete the Transcript Request Form (printable | interactive). Print out the form and fax it to 410-810-7159. No cover sheet is necessary; this fax machine answers directly in the Registrar’s Office and your privacy will be maintained.

Immediate Processing

Transcripts are mailed within the week that the request is received. The exception to this would be those who have not met their financial obligation to the College. If you need the Registrar’s Office to rush deliver your transcript to its recipient, please contact us by phone to make this request. You will need to speak with the College’s Central Services (mailroom) to pay them directly for any rush shipping fees associated with this request.

Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts carry neither the Registrar’s signature nor the College seal and are not official College documents. They are printed on plain paper in the Registrar’s Office. A summary of the academic transcript can also be printed directly by the student through WebAdvisor.