Midterm Grading Process
Midterm grades for spring semesters are due by 4:30 PM on the Friday prior to Spring Break. In fall semesters, midterm grades are due by 4:30 PM on the Wednesday prior to Fall Break. The Registrar’s Calendar lists the deadlines for each specific semester.
Midterm grades are required for all students in their first year of attendance, which includes those who are freshmen by credits (less than 28 credit hours accumulated) and any students on academic probation or continued academic probation. Midterm grades will only appear on the student’s Summary Sheet. They will NOT appear on the student’s official transcript.
Submitting Midterm Grades
- Go to http://admin.washcoll.edu.
- Click on the “Midterm Progress Reports” link beneath the Grading Options heading. You will be prompted to login.
- This will bring you to an index of faculty names. Click on your last name. If it is not listed, you have no students requiring midterm grades. You may also verify this on your Class Roster (on Admin) by clicking on the “Students requiring Interims” link at the top left of the page.
- After clicking on your last name, click on the appropriate course roster.
- Click on the student for whom you wish to enter an midterm grade. Use the radio button (round button) to select the appropriate midterm grade that you are assigning FIRST. Then, in the large text box, you may enter any narrative comments you wish to share with the student. These comments should be constructed in second person, as the student will receive these comments in an email directly from you.
- Notice the recipients in the “Send Carbon Copy to:” box. This box has been prepopulated with the email address of the student’s advisor(s). Your email address will appear here, too. You can add or remove addresses prior to sending the email to the student.
- Click the “Send to Recipients” box at the bottom of the screen to submit the midterm grade and the email.
To check whether you have already submitted an midterm grade for a given student, click the “Check entry” link next to the student’s name. This mechanism shows whether midterm grade data has already been recorded in the database. If there is no data yet, you will see the message “There is no progress report for this student yet.” This function is useful for confirming where you left off, if you were not able to enter all midterm grades in one sitting.
Note: If you have previously entered data that does not appear when you return to the midterm grading system, you may need to hit the F5 key or Ctrl-R (Command-R on a Macintosh) to refresh the index or other pages within the Admin site. Most web browsers retain a cached version of each page, which occasionally means that you are not viewing the most current version of the page.