Fall Final grades must be submitted via WebAdvisor no later than Tuesday, December 20 at 4:30 pm.
The College’s grading policy permits the following grades (listed with corresponding grade point value):
Additional grades may be assigned as needed. These grades include:
When entering an Incomplete grade on WebAdvisor, the system requires you to enter an expiration date for this grade. Please use the date associated with the deadline for submitting a final grade for Incomplete coursework. This deadline is always the Friday of the third week of courses during the subsequent semester. Instructors may verify the exact date by checking the Registrar’s Calendar for the upcoming semester.
Auditor who has successfully “passed”
An auditor who has attended enough class sessions, or who has otherwise met the criteria outlined by the instructor at the start of the semester, should receive an “AU” grade. An auditor who has not attended enough class sessions or did not meet the criteria outlined by the instructor should receive no grade on the grading sheet; please enter a “Last Attended Date” instead, if it is known. The Registrar’s Office will drop this student from the course with no grade earned and no tuition refund permitted.
Student taking the course for a Pass/Fail grade
Juniors and seniors may elect to take courses graded on a Pass/Fail basis. When submitting these grades, please submit “P” for Pass and “F” for Fail.
Submitting Final Grades
- Go to http://webadvisor.washcoll.edu.
- Click on the Log In link at the top right of the page. You will be prompted to login.
- Click on the dark green “Faculty” link to the right.
- From this menu, click on the “Grading” link beneath the Faculty Information heading.
- Select the current term and click [SUBMIT].
- Select “Final” from the drop-down menu and click on the radio button (round button) for the course you wish to grade.
- On the following page, a list of all students currently registered in your course section will appear. Students who have dropped or withdrawn from the course will not be listed. You only need to enter a final grade in the Grade box next to each student’s name.
- Note: If a student stopped attending your course section during the Drop/Add period, but is still on the roster as of the final grading period, please notify the Registrar immediately. DO NOT grade this student. However, if a student stopped attending after the Drop/Add period and still appears on your roster, he or she should receive a failing grade. If there has been a mistake and the student did withdraw from the course in a timely manner, there will be a paper trail to substantiate the grade change. Instructors should never place a grade of “W” in the Grade box as this will not withdraw the student from the course.
- Once you have double-checked your entries, click [SUBMIT] at the bottom of the page to send these grades directly into the system. The Registrar’s Office will verify grades once a day during the Final Exam period. Until they have been verified, students will not be able to see final grades via WebAdvisor and they will not appear on transcripts.
Changing Grades After Entry
If you have made a mistake in grade calculation or mistyped a grade while entering it on WebAdvisor, please complete the Grade Update Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office. This is an interactive PDF, which will allow you to either print the form and submit it via hard copy or complete it on your computer and submit it as an email attachment (from your @washcoll.edu faculty email only). Blank forms can be found in the faculty lounge and in the Registrar’s Office.
Note: We recommend the use of Adobe Reader software to view and complete interactive forms. Some of the features embedded in these forms, particularly digital signatures, will not work if you view the file in a web browser tab or window. To download the free Adobe Reader software, click here. It is also recommended that you save the completed form with a different filename before emailing it to the Registrar’s Office.
Macintosh Users: Please do NOT use the “Preview” application to complete interactive forms. This application has a known bug that corrupts .PDF files when saved. If you send us a form that you completed and saved in Preview, all entries will appear as blank fields and we will not be able to process your form.
Additional Requirements for Failing or Incomplete Grades
Instructors who issue an “I”ncomplete or “F”ailing grade for any student must also complete an Incomplete Grade Form or Failing Grade Form depending on the circumstance. You may use the online submission form here. Instructors must submit one form per failing or incomplete grade and should submit these at the same time as entering the final grade on WebAdvisor. The deadline is the same day that grades are due to the Registrar’s Office.