To ensure the best quality product when receiving your E - Survey (and to save time in its production,) be sure you make sure to follow this checklist when submitting your request:
- Please submit your survey requests to Gene Sheehan at least TWO WEEKS prior to the projected date of publishing your survey.
- Submit your surveys as either a Word document attached to an email or as the body text of an email.
- It's good to avoid text boxes as much as possible (check boxes, option boxes, or drop-down boxes are preferable), since statistical analysis and charts cannot be done with text entries.
- Some data fields can be made Required Entries for form completion (e.g. - "First Name", "Last Name" or "Email" fields.)
- Instead of a "Name" field, it is best to divide the name into "First Name" and "Last Name" fields, so that these fields can be used as sort parameters in a spreadsheet.
- When a respondent completes (presses the Submit button,) their browser can be redirected to a designated web page.
- An online survey can be given an availability window, with a specific start and end date/time. If someone goes to the survey address outside of the availability window, they get a Web Form Unavailable message.
- When designing a proposed form for use as an E - Survey, keep in mind the following:
Should you still have questions after reading through this checklist, please contact Gene Sheehan at 410-810-7168 before submitting your request.