The Washington College Staff Council’s mission is to serve in an advisory capacity to the President and Senior Staff in matters pertaining to the interests and needs of the staff with regard to their daily activities and work conditions as they strive to support the College’s goal of a quality liberal arts education.
Staff Council meets in person once a month for 90 minutes to two hours. Most of the other business is conducted via email. Staff Council chooses a Featured Employee each month, acts as a sounding board and advocate for submitted staff concerns, and reviews and contributes ideas to Senior Staff policies and the like. It is a great way to get involved with the campus as a whole, connect with people outside of your department, and learn about how other areas of campus operate.
Contact the Staff Council
Visit the Staff Facebook page!
Read the Staff Council By-Laws.
- Facilitate communication between staff and College officials.
- Foster a sense of community among our diverse population.
- Collect and disseminate information pertinent to staff issues and to increase awareness of College policies.
- Participate, assist, and advise in decision making processes that affect the staff’s relationship with the larger College community (e.g. nominate staff representatives to serve on institutional task forces and committees, when appropriate).
- Present ideas that originate from the staff to the College President.
- Develop recommendations for new policies or changes in policies pertaining to staff.
- Promote and advocate staff professionalism and support opportunities for leadership development.
- Contribute to making Washington College’s educational community an efficient, fulfilling and attractive work environment.
The Staff Council will consist of 12 to 15 employees who are elected to a two-year term. Staff representatives will be elected as follows:
|Buildings & Grounds||2|