Ergonomics is the science of designing the workplace, machines, and work tasks within the capacity and capability of the human body, that is, a proactive approach that strives to fit the work to the worker, not the worker to the job. By understanding basic ergonomics and its interaction with your job, you can work more efficiently and comfortably, help prevent injuries, and promote your long-term health.
Around Your Work Station
Additional illustrations, photos, tips and guides:
- Ergonomic Risk Factors in the Office by Travelers Insurance
- Office Ergonomics: Risk Control by Travelers Insurance
- Ergonomic Tips Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) eTool* illustrates simple, inexpensive principles that will help you create a safe and comfortable computer workstation.
- Work Day Workout Presented by United Health Care! Working at a desk all day can take a toll on your neck, shoulders and other muscles. Breaking up your workday with stretches and other physical activities can help you keep comfortable.
- Visit the Mayo Clinic Ergonomics site for more tips, tools, and videos.
- Office Ergonomics Training Tips by NISMAT