College Policies I Administrative Closing Pay Policy
At times it may be necessary for the College to declare specific hours as administrative closing as the result of inclement weather or other campus emergency situation.
1. Regular hourly employees in an active pay status who are scheduled to work to work during the administrative closing will be granted administrative closing pay which will be recorded as such, not to exceed the hours scheduled to work. For example, if the College delays opening until 10:30, employees will receive Administrative closing pay from the time they are scheduled to report to work until 10:30. An employee scheduled to report to work at 8:30 would receive 2 hours of administrative closing in the example above. Normally the decision to close is made by 6:00 am or during the day if employees are at work.
2. If an emergency closing has not been declared and an hourly employee is prevented by weather conditions from reporting to work for his or her normally scheduled working hours; annual leave, personal leave, or leave without pay will be charged. When there is a business necessity, supervisors may permit employees to make up the time lost provided it can be done within the work week in which the event occurred, and the supervisor has approved the request in advance in writing.
3. Hourly employees who are designated or allowed to work during an administrative closing will be paid for time worked at time and a half and for the time of the administrative closing at straight time. For example, an employee who is normally scheduled to start work at 7:30 would receive 2 hours of pay at time and a half (3 hours ) if the College opens at 10:30 instead of 8:30. In addition, the employee will receive 2 hours of administrative closing pay.
4. Employees may request vacation or personal leave in anticipation of a weather related emergency. Approval of such requests will be based on the business requirements of an employee’s services. If the employee is designated to work during an Administrative closing then emergency leave requests will be denied.
5. Regular employees who are not scheduled to work during an administrative closing will not be compensated for the administrative closing.