To ensure that all of our International Students (including Visiting/Exchange Students) have adequate insurance coverage while in the US, you will be required to purchase our student health insurance policy.
Annual Rate - $1,224.00
Spring ’15 Rate - $714.00TO: Washington College Students and Parents
FROM: Vickie Anderson, Administrative Assistant – Health & Counseling Services
DATE: April 3, 2013
RE: STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN: 2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
All full-time students enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours are automatically enrolled in the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan. The annual premium will be included on the student’s fall semester tuition bill.
If you want to confirm your acceptance of the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan and expedite the processing of your insurance card, you should complete an online Enrollment Form by visiting www.universityhealthplans.com, clicking on “Washington College” and then “Enrollment Form”.
Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., an AIG Insurance company.
1. Visit www.universityhealthplans.com.
2. Click on “Washington College”.
3. Select the “Student Health Insurance Plan” option.
4. Click on the “Waiver Form” button to the left.
5. Fill in all the required information – if any information is missing, your waiver will NOT be accepted.
6. Submit the Waiver Form. If your waiver form is successfully submitted, you will see a page containing your confirmation number. Please be sure to print this page for your records. In addition, an email containing your confirmation number will be sent to the email address you provided on the waiver form. Please note: If you do not reach a confirmation page, your waiver form was not properly submitted. Please fill it out again and resubmit.
form is successfully submitted and accepted, the school will remove the charge from your tuition bill.
Failure to complete the online waiver form by the fall semester deadline of July 15, 2014 will result in your automatic purchase of the school-sponsored Student Health Insurance Plan for the 2013-2014 academic year.
We encourage you to read and familiarize yourself with the Student Health Insurance Plan brochure.
the student plan or the waiver process, please contact University Health Plans at 1.800.437.6448.
This is a brief description of benefits and not a certificate of coverage. If there is a discrepancy between the information contained herein and the Policy, the Policy will prevail. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., with its principal place of business in New York, NY. Coverage may not be available in all states. NAIC No. 19445