Washington Signature
[ Search and Navigation ]   [ View Full Site ]
Offices & Services

Health & Counseling Services

Attention New Students:  All completed health forms will be due on or before July 15, 2014.

The Student Health Service is an on-campus clinic which provides medical and counseling services to full time students. All students are required to complete a health questionnaire, have a physical exam, and meet immunization requirements before their enrollment at Washington College. Physical exams must be completed within the 6 month period prior to the due date. Required immunizations are listed on the Health Form


Should you or a friend need health or counseling over the summer, please contact 410-778-7261. There is limited clinical staff  on campus over summer. After hours, as always,please call Public Safety 410-778-7810 or go to the Emergency Department at University of Maryland Shore Medical Center which is located just behind Minta Martin /Queen Anne Dorms.

Should you have a counseling emergency, please contact Public Safety at 410-778-7810 and they will contact me by text and I will return their call  to provide further instructions. In the event that I am out of town or not able to be reached within 15 minutes of texting, they have been instructed to contact either- one of our counselors, Mobile crisis team or take the individual to the local Emergency Department.

Your fantastic summer RA’s- Alisha, Tracey and Krystal- have some first Aid kits and supplies. 

Have a healthy and  a safe summer!

Accessible Emergency Information

Pres. Obama and VP Biden on Bullying 

DVDs Available to Borrow

1. Playing the Game 2 (Date Rape)
2. I Never Thought It Was Rape
3. Speak Out & Stand Up - Rasing awareness About Sexual Assault
4. Spitting Game - The College Hook-Up Culture
5. STDs

Student Health and Wellness information



Our Top 3 Questions

  • Is there a charge for Plan B (the morning after pill)?

    There are no charges associated with Plan B.

  • Is there a charge for my visit to health services?

    There is no charge for the visit, but you may have charges associated with certain lab tests and medications. You may request our providers write a prescription for you to take to a local pharmacy.

  • I am a domestic student with private health insurance,do I have to purchase the college health plan?

    No, but you are required to fill out the online waiver each year you attend, to avoid being charged the $1200.00 and provide  us with a copy of your current health insurance card.

    All international students are required to purchase the collegge health insurance plan.