Who needs to pay the fee?
- All F-1 and J-1 International Students are subjected to pay the SEVIS Fee.
Why do I need to pay?
- The SEVIS I-901 fee is mandated by Congress to support the program office and the automated system that keeps track of students and exchange visitors and ensures that they maintain their status while in the United States. Each student or exchange visitor issued an initial Form I-20 or DS-2019 on or after September 1, 2004 is responsible for paying this fee to SEVP.
What would happen if I don't pay?
- If you are subject to this fee and do not pay it, you will not be issued an F, or J nonimmigrant visa for admission to the United States. If you are in the United States applying for a change of status and are subject to this fee, you must pay the fee or your application will not be processed.
Documents needed to fill out include this I-901 (PDF)
- F-1 Students: Your I-20 form issued by Washington College.
- J-1 Students: Your DS-2019 form issued by Washington College.
*All forms must be completed in English. The personal information used to fill out your form must be an exact match for information on your I-20 or DS-2019.
How can the fee be paid?
- After you have paid the fee, a receipt will be sent by mail to the address that you indicate with your payment. If you paid the SEVIS fee on-line, a payment confirmation can be printed out immediately after the payment is made, and used as a receipt until the mailed receipt is received
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to bring a SEVIS fee payment receipt with them for the visa interview, or, for those that do not need a visa, to the U.S. port-of-entry. Having a receipt for the SEVIS fee payment will facilitate the visa application process. However, if you are unable to print a receipt from an on-line payment and/or do not receive your mailed receipt in time for your visa interview you can still go to your interview as long as your fee has been processed by DHS.
+ For further information about other VISA type regarding the SEVIS fee, online application and payment, visit www.fmjfee.com/index.jhtml