The Global Education Office is now located at 409 Washington Ave.
Please click here to schedule an appointment with Kate McCleary or Theresa Capule.
The Global Education Office offers a full range of services for both international exchange students and international matriculated students. The guidance we provide our students begins from their initial period of application throughout their stay at Washington College.
After a student has been admitted to the College, they are contacted by International Student Services. We deal with each student on an individual basis to guide them through the processes of preliminary class registration, obtaining on-campus housing, offering advice for pre-departure preparation and meeting students upon their arrival at Baltimore/Washington International Airport.
Upon arrival on campus, international students are given a full orientation to Washington College. During this orientation, students are introduced to the vital departments of the College so that they may begin to take control of their new lives. Visits are conducted to the Business Office, Student Health Services and Public Safety in order to familiarize students with their services. Also, we address issues such as maintenance of visa status and program responsibilities, study skills, the academic standards of the College, campus computer facilities and usage, and banking in the U.S.
Once classes begin, we offer support services for our international student body including but not limited to:
- Counseling by full time staff as well as International Peer Mentors in areas of academic, social, personal and cultural adjustment
- Resource center for general living needs
- Counseling on travel in and out of the U.S. in lawful status
- Applying for benefits through the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS)
- Social Security Card Applications
- On campus events
- Trips to Washington DC, Philadelphia, Baltimore and other area attractions
- Opportunities for cultural exchange on-campus and within the community