First Year Career Awareness Program
For incoming students:
Welcome to Washington College! We are so glad you are here and we look forward to working with you for your entire college career. To get started, all first year students are required to complete FOCUS 2, a comprehensive career planning program that provides guidance and information to help you make important career and educational decisions.
The deadline to complete your FOCUS 2 is August 19, 2016.
Instructions for using FOCUS 2:
- Use the link to the right to access our College Central Network.
- Set up a College Central account. You will use this for all four years of your Washington College career.
- Once in College Central, follow the link and instructions to bring you to FOCUS 2, located in the Career Document Library.
- Once at the FOCUS 2 log in page, click on “NEW USER” located just below the login box.
- Use the access code “shoremen” and create account.
- The new user can then continue and complete the Self Assessment battery.
- The Self Assessment battery consists of 5 mini-assessments (Work Interest, Personality, Leisure Interest, Skills and Values).
- Once completed, results can be saved, downloaded and/or printed.
- Users can log back in later to manage their account, review results, retake assessments, and use other modules.
All First Year students must complete the following:
1) Complete Focus 2 by August 19
2) Attend Career Center Orientation August 29 or 30th- Time slot dependent on Peer Mentor group
3) Attend 1 additional Fall semester program. Available programs are marked “Option”
4) Once you have attended your optional program, submit a Program Assignment (found under “Files” on the left navigation)
1) Attend a program during First Year Week (Date TBA)
2) Attend 1 additional Spring semester program. Program to be posted ASAP.
3) Create a resume on College Central. https://www.collegecentral.com/washcoll/ (Links to an external site.)