Class of 2017
Major/Minor: American Government & Political Science
Graduated summa cum laude from Northeast High School in Philadelphia, PA
Dining Services, Washington College
- Banquet Supervisor (full-time) 2013—2017
Illinois Tenth Congressional District
- Internship Coordinator, Summer 2016
Office of Admissions, Washington College:
- Web Communications Assistant, 2013—2016
Sigma Alpha Pi, National Society of Leadership and Success Honor Society (ΣΑΠ):
- Member, Inducted Spring 2015—present
Student Government Association
- Vice President of Class of 2017, 2013—2014
- Chester Residence Hall Senator, 2013—2014
Office of Student Engagement, Washington College:
- Traditions and School Spirit, 2013—2014
Office of Intercultural Affairs, Washington College:
- Student Ambassador, 2013—2014
Pennsylvania State House of Representatives:
- Legislative Assistant, Summer 2013
The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS):
- College Student Council, 2013—2017
- Member, Inducted Fall 2009—present
Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Omicron-Phi Chapter:
- VP of Public Relations, 2014—2015
- Member, Inducted Fall 2009—2013
Q&A with Kyle
Favorite course and professor?
Political Philosophy with Dr. Benson. Not only did we engage in difficult, inequality topics that face the world today, we learned invaluable skills on how to approach philosophical concepts and facilitate the techniques and advantages of a thoughtful, insightful and reflective approach to everyday societal problems. Highly educational and Dr. Benson is such a sweet soul!
Favorite Chestertown hangout?
Without a doubt, the college waterfront in Wilmer Park. This is the place where I proposed to my Fiancée and soon-to-be wife, Julia. I loved having the opportunity to get off campus for an afternoon with her, drive down for a picnic on a beautiful, sunny day and just lay on the grass listening to the water rush by. Along the way, we like to stop downtown and get the popular WAC student drink at Play It Again Sams, (the Alaskan), and enjoy the breathtaking waterfront view. It is certainly a great getaway spot and stress reliever that most students do not take advantage of!
Favorite thing to order at the “Cove”?
I would have to go with one of Martha’s Kitchen specialty secret sandwiches known as The Tipson. Essentially, it is this freshly hand-battered sandwich, crispy chicken breast on toasted Texas Toast with melted Cheddar Cheese, Barbeque Sauce, and Ranch Dressing. YUM!!