- Ph.D. North Carolina State University, 2013.
- M.S., North Carolina State University, 2011.
- B.A., Virginia Commonwealth University, 2008.
- A.A.S., Piedmont Virginia Community College, 2005.
My research interests include group theory, Lie groups and Lie algebras, linear algebraic groups and symmetric spaces. My Ph.D. dissertation examines the structure of symmetric k-varieties of linear algebraic (matrix) groups defined over fields of characteristic 2.
I am currently working on determining involutions of the orthogonal groups defined over fields of characteristic 2. John Hutchens and I recently submitted results on generalized symmetric spaces of dicyclic groups. John, Emma Norbrothen and I are jointly investigating the generalized symmetric spaces of Coxeter groups of type B_n.
- MAT 201 - 11 Differential Calculus
- MAT 201 - 13 Differential Calculus
- MAT/CSI 240 - 10 - Discrete Mathematics
Nathaniel enjoys outdoor activities like hiking, kayaking, camping, ultimate frisbee, and a variety of indoor activities and sports including racquetball, basketball, playing guitar, and board games.