- B.A., University of Hawaii, 1995
- Ph.D., University of California, Davis, 2006
- History of the United States, 1607-1865
- History of the United States, 1865 to the Present
- Seventeenth- and Eighteenth-Century America
- The Early Republic
- Comparative Cultural Encounters
- Colonial Latin America
- Modern Latin America
- Latin American Literature as History
- Historical Method
“‘A Dangerous Set of People’: British Captives and the Making of Revolutionary Identity in the Mid-Atlantic Interior,” Journal of the Early Republic (Winter, 2012): 565-601.
Dangerous Guests: Enemy Captives and Revolutionary Communities during the War for Independence (forthcoming from Cornell University Press, spring 2014).