- Resident Assistant - RA of the Year 2013
- President - Health Occupation Students of America
- President - Encouraging Respect of Sexuality
- President - Sigma Delta Pi
- Secretary - Omicron Delta Kappa
- Cater Society of Junior Fellows
- Beta Beta Beta
- WC Voyager
- Alumni Weekend Student Supervisor
- Alumni Relations Student Employee
- WC-Latino Community Program - Chester River Hospital ER
Hometown: Middletown, MD
What are you up to this summer? I actually start off the first few weeks of summer on campus as the student supervisor of Alumni Weekend. In July I start at a position in Frederick through the NIH Summer Internship Program doing research with DNA and RNA sequencing. The last month of summer vacation (if you can call it a vacation!) I will be conducting a Cater Society project in Spain and Italy on global Latino immigration.
Tell us about your internship experience. Over the winter break I returned to the country where I studied abroad, Peru, for a month-long internship with HIV/AIDS patients in el Hospital Regional de Trujillo. I met some wonderful people here and it was an experience that has deeply contributed to my education from Washington College. Unforgettable.
How do you unwind? Game of Thrones + nachos
What is your favorite quote? “Your self-worth is determined by you. You don’t have to depend on someone telling you who you are.” - Beyonce