Class of 2010
Major/Minor: International Studies
I have been privileged enough to study abroad for two semesters and two summer programs during my college career. I believe I have learned the most while abroad, and I credit the Office of International Programs and the IS major for providing such amazing opportunities.
I was able to read poetry and scale mountains in England, volunteer in South Africa, and explore ruins in Turkey. This summer, after graduation, I will be participating in the summer program in Tanzania. I have been able to participate in the World Model UN held in Taiwan, and I have also been lucky enough to be the peer mentor for the international students here at WAC. Though I go to a tiny school in Chestertown, Maryland, my experience has been completely global in nature.
- Major: International Studies
- Concentration: African Studies/Middle East
- Languages: Spanish, Arabic, Turkish
- Study Abroad: England, South Africa, Turkey, and Tanzania
- Summer Study Abroad: Kiplin Hall, Tanzania program
- Copy Editor: The Elm
- Cater Society of Junior Fellows
- Greek Life: Zeta Tau Alpha
- International Student Peer Mentor
- International Studies Research Assistant