Professor Tia Murphy is a developmental psychologist whose research focuses on how children’s attachment to their caregivers affects many aspects of their emotional and social lives.
- B.A., Widener University, 2005
- M.S., Lehigh University, 2008
- Ph.D., Lehigh University, 2011
- Empathy, guilt, forgiveness, jealousy
- Cognitive biases of relationships
- Mother-child conflict
- Life-Span Development
- Advanced Topics in Developmental Psychology: Social and Personality Development
- Advanced Topics in Developmental Psychology: Attachment Theory & Research
- Childhood around the World
- Prosocial and Moral Behavior
- General Psychology
- Statistics & Research Design
We are currently conducting a study examining the emotional development of preschool children.
Students: Email or stop by to see how you can become a research assistant!
Parents: If you have a child between the ages of 3 1/2 and 5, please call/email me for more information about participating!