- A.B., Indiana University, 1963
- Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1982
I’m currently writing my book on Inca irrigation and the meanings of water in Inca culture. I am also president of the League of Women Voters of Kent County and an active advocate for health care reform and comprehensive immigration reform. I am on the Planning Council to create a community health center in Kent County (FQHC) and a member of the Maryland Women’s Coalition for Health Care Reform.
- “Mallki: Ancestros y Cultivo de árboles en los Andes.” May 1986.
- “Los ceques: Código de canales en el Cusco incaico,” Allpanchis 27:39-74, 1986.
- Cuzco: Aguas y Poder, Centro de Estudios Rurales Andinos Bartolomé de las Casas, Cusco, Peru, 1979.
- “Water Ideology in Inca Ethnogenesis.” Andean Cosmologies Through Time: Persistence and Emergence. Indiana University Press, Bloomington, 1992.
- “Irrigation and Inca Cosmology.” Culture and Environment: A Fragile Coexistence. University of Calgary Archaeological Association, Calgary. 1993
- “Panaca Lands: Re-Invented Communities,” Journal of the Steward Anthropological Society 24 (1 and 2):173-202. 1996