Financial Advisor | Northwestern Mutual
Think about a goal that you’ve accomplished; whether it was helping your team win a championship, paying off debt or running your first 10K; the feeling of accomplishment is undeniable. Now think about how helping others reach their financial goals will feel—both for you and your clients. Financial Advisors with Northwestern Mutual help clients reach their financial goals, staying with them over time and evolving their plans as their needs change. And with more than half of Americans believing their financial planning needs improvement1, a career with Northwestern Mutual provides abundant opportunities.
You’ll partner with clients by creating personalized financial plans built on their unique needs and desires. And through our industry-leading solutions, you’ll help them protect what they’ve worked so hard to achieve while also growing their assets for the future. We’re looking for competitive individuals who thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’ll be matched up with experienced mentors and coaches who will help you get started and stay with you throughout your career.
Recognized by FORTUNE as one of the “World’s Most Admired” companies2, Northwestern Mutual has been among the leaders in the financial services industry for nearly 160 years and has a proven track record of financial success.
By joining our team, you’ll have access to:
• An award-winning training program to help you get started.
• Mentorship and professional development training throughout your entire career.
• A culture that promotes diversity, teamwork, work/life balance, recognition and rewards.
• Full financial support for professional designations and certifications for both your personal and
professional business growth.
• The opportunity to pursue leadership and specialized roles.
• Exceptional income potential, as your hard work will directly relate to your sales results. Our
financial advisors are compensated through commissions, bonuses, repeat business and
Our clients desire the following from their financial advisor:
• A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
• Someone who builds relationships centered on trust, open communication and transparency.
• The courage and ability to have difficult conversations when needed.
• A commitment to ongoing learning, including staying current on financial news, laws and the
impacts to their clients.
• Someone who is proactive and focused on providing excellent customer service.
1 Northwestern Mutual Planning and Progress Study 2015
2 FORTUNE magazine’s annual survey, published February 19, 2016
While you help your clients achieve financial security, Northwestern Mutual will also help you.
• Top-ranked training program (as recognized by Training magazine, 2015).
• Exceptional income potential.
• Comprehensive medical coverage.
• Two company-funded retirement plans (pension plan and 401(k) plan).
• Sponsorship of licensing and designations.
• Personalized mentorship from top-performing advisors.
• Group life and disability income insurance.
Must be Alumni or graduating by December 2017
For generations, we’ve been helping our clients achieve their financial goals. Whether saving for a first home, college for the kids, more freedom during retirement or all three, comprehensive financial plans and long-term relationships with financial representatives help ensure that our clients meet each of life’s milestones with financial confidence.
Equal Opportunity Employer
111 S. Calvert St.
Baltimore, MD 21202