Amanda Van Tran
Secretary of Diversity
Class of 2019
Major in Biology, Premed. Minor in English
Student Government Role
Develops Intercultural & Wellness Programing
- New Member Instructor and sister of Alpha Omicron Pi fraternity, Sigma Tau Chapter (Spring 2017-Present)
- Student Government Association, Secretary of Diversity (Spring 2016-Present)
- Peer Mentors (Spring 2016-Present)
- Women’s Club Lacrosse (Fall 2015-Present)
- School Orchestra (Fall 2015-Present)
- Presidential Fellow (Fall 2015-Spring 2016)
Why did you choose to attend Washington College?
Academically, it has to be the student to faculty ratio. At WAC, your professors actually see you as a person, and care about your academic success. You are guaranteed one-on-one help with your professor, which isn’t common among bigger schools. Other than academics, I was drawn into WAC because it happened to be located on one of the most beautiful waterfronts. No matter the season, Chestertown is always quaint, and inviting.
Recommend a class and professor?
I was very happy within my first year at WAC, and a lot of my professors contributed to my overall success. Over the year, Dr. Jim Windelborn’s BIO 101 class may have been the most interesting, while quirky courses I have taken. Dr. Windelborn not only makes the course engaging, but shows his care for his students in and outside of the classroom. If his office door is open, you are always welcome.