Monday Morning Update on Weather Conditions
Our latest briefing with the NWS and MEMA has given us the following
- 50 mph winds have been recorded at the Kent Narrows Bridge.
- The Bay Bridge is predicted to close by noon today.
- Landfall for the storm is expected to by 6 pm tonight in the State of New Jersey.
- High Wind Warning remains in effect until 9 am Tuesday
- Flood Warning remains in effect until 6 pm today
- Flood Watch remains in effect through Tuesday afternoon
- Coastal Flood Warning remains in effect from 3 pm today until 1 pm Tuesday
- Winds from the Northeast increasing to 40-55 mph by 2 pm today, with gusts of 65-75 mph inland and 75-85 mph along the coast.
- The winds will remain strong until Tuesday afternoon.
- 10” of rain is expected to fall by the time this event is over.
- Moderate to heavy rain will continue through the day into tonight.
- Storm surge is still expected to be 2’-4’
- This surge will make the remaining high tides around 4’ to 5’ (this
includes the already expected tide).
- The Shelter at the Kent County Community is open and ready for anyone who needs it.
- The Public Information Line is 410-778-3864.
- Kent County Public Schools and Offices will be closed Tuesday.
- Washington College has canceled all classes and events for Tuesday.
- Maryland Fire & Rescue Institute has canceled classes for Tuesday.
- At this time no roads in the county are scheduled to be closed.
- If you do not have to travel on the roads today, please do not, especially after 12 noon when the winds and rains will be at their strongest.
- Delmarva Power/Pepco and Choptank Electric both have crews pre-positioned in the area to assist with any power outages.
High tide times for Monday & Tuesday:
- Chestertown: Monday- 8:18 pm; Tuesday- 8:06 am & 8:55 pm
- Millington: Monday- 9:38 pm; Tuesday- 9:26 am & 10:15 pm
- Sassafras River (Betterton): Monday- 10:02 pm; Tuesday- 9:50 am & 10:39 pm
- Tolchester Beach: Monday-7:49 pm; Tuesday- 7:37 am & 8:26 pm