Onboarding and Exit Process Changes
To streamline the on-boarding and exit process for employees, the Office of Human Resources has made some changes to these procedures.
Effective immediately, all new hires must report to HR on their first day of work prior to reporting to their supervisor. Human Resources staff will meet with the new employee to formally welcome them to Washington College and ensure that all necessary paperwork is complete. During this time we will also assist new employees with claiming their email account, registering for parking and WACAlerts, and introduce them to Webadvisor. In order for employees to have access to email and obtain an ID on their first day of work, the Office of Human Resources must have the signed Employment Authorizations (Staff and Faculty) and a completed Paypack which can be found on our forms page hr.washcoll.edu/hrforms.php, prior to the first day of work unless other arrangements have been discussed with the Employment and Compensation Coordinator, Anthony Hall.
The Termination Policy was recently revised and an employee who is being involuntarily discharged can only be terminated after the supervisor or department head has submitted a Personnel Change Form including documentation. This must be reviewed and approved by the Director of Human Resources. At the time of voluntary or involuntary termination of employment, employees and supervisors must follow these procedures:
1) Employee must meet with supervisor to discuss resignation/separation.
2) Letter of Resignation:
- In the event of resignation, the employee must send a signed copy of the resignation letter to Human Resources. The resignation letter should include the date of the employee’s last day of work.
- In the event of a termination, the supervisor must prepare a termination letter to be approved by the Office of Human Resources.
3) The employee must schedule an Exit Interview with Human Resources to discuss the exit process.
4) Prior to the last day of employment, the employee must complete all sections of the Exit Interview Clearance Form and submit to the Office of Human Resources to be cleared to receive final pay.
Please contact the Office of Human Resources if you have questions regarding these procedures.