Internships and Fellowships
Last year alone, Professor Jim Siemen supervised 21 students at psychology-related internship sites, listed below:
- Kent County Behavioral Health
- Crossroad Community Center
- Gloucester County Child Development Center
- Holly Community, Inc., Salisbury, MD
- St. Benedicte School
- Kent County Adult Medical Daycare
- Sheppard Pratt Hospital
- Kent Family Center
- Brooklane Laurel Hall School
- Radcliffe Creek School
- Garnett Elementary School
- Kent County High School
- Kent Youth for Girls
- Midshore Behavioral Health Clinic, Psychology Outpatient
- Worton Elementary School, Social/Emotional Class
- Western Psychology Institute of Pittsburgh
Nationally Competitive Internships & Fellowships
Our students successfully compete for internships and fellowships awarded by external agencies. Among those honored in 2007-08:
- Chrissy Deleterio '09 was offered several nationally competitive summer clinical internships.
- Anjelica Jackson '10 was awarded the American Psychological Association's Minority Grant Writing Internship.
- Ben Majors '09 was awarded an American Psychology Association neuroscience research fellowship to study spatial cognition at Johns Hopkins.
- Capella Meurer '09 was fully funded by the College's Douglass Cater Society of Junior Fellows to work as a research intern with the Victorian Aboriginal Controlled Child Agency in Australia. She studied the effect of cultural connection on resiliency in Aboriginal youth.
- Laura Morett '08 was awarded a three-year National Defense Science and Engineering Graduate Fellowship.
- Nikki Scutella '10 was awarded a scholarship from St. Andrew's Society of Philadelphia to study neuroscience while on an undergraduate cultural exchange at St. Andrews University in Scotland.
- Derek Trott '09 was awarded a seven-week inpatient mental health internship at Calvert Memorial Hospital.