Although many premedical students major in one of the natural sciences, you may choose any major offered by the College. We encourage students to explore courses and activities outside their specific discipline, and to complete honors courses and humanities courses, particularly those in ethics.
Typical Medical School Admission Requirements
- One Year English (2 semesters)
- One Year General Biology (BIO 111, 112)
- One Year General Chemistry (CHE 111, 112)
- One Year Organic Chemistry (CHE 201, 202)
- One Year Math (MAT 201 is required, MAT 202 is required by some schools, and a Statistics course is recommended.)
- One Year Physics (PHY 111, 112)
- Social Science and Humanities courses
Please note: Some schools have fewer requirements, while others, especially veterinary schools, have additional requirements. As admission requirements vary among institutions, students are encouraged to consult the web sites for each area of medicine (aamc.org, aacom.org, aacpm.org, aavmc.org, adea.org, opted.org) as well as books that list requirements of each professional school: Medical School Admission Requirements (MSAR), Veterinary Medical School Admission Requirements in the United States and Canada (VMSAR), and ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools. These books are available in the Premedical Reading Area of the Toll Science Center.