About the Department
The Department of Music is one of the most active departments on the Washington College campus. Through our vast program of classes, private study, and performance, you can explore and experience music in ways you can only begin to imagine.
Students are afforded opportunities to study musicology, ethnomusicology, theory, composition, and performance with a talented and dedicated faculty. The Washington College Department of Music embraces music from around the globe, from many different backgrounds, traditions, and cultures. We invite you to join us and take a course, take some lessons, become a major or minor, or just experience a concert!
Washington College’s fall concert series spans the range from classical guitar to experimental hip hop.
The multimedia artist, writer, and composer comes to Washington College as the Frederick Douglass Fellow for a series of performances, film showings, and visionary examinations of our world.
John Leupold, assistant professor of music, will premiere two compositions at the first 12@Hotchkiss Series on Friday Sept. 2 at noon.
- Nov 11 7:30pm Country Current, Bluegrass & Country Music
- Nov 21 7:30pm Washington College Chorus & String Orchestra
- Dec 01 7:30pm Student Honors Recital, Music Department
- Dec 02 7:30pm Jazz Band & Jazz Combo
- Dec 11 3:00pm Symphonic Band & Eastern Maryland Youth Orchestra (EMYO)