About the Department
The Department of Music is one of the most active departments on the Washington College campus. Through our vast program of classes, private study, and performance, you can explore and experience music in ways you can only begin to imagine.
Students are afforded opportunities to study musicology, ethnomusicology, theory, composition, and performance with a talented and dedicated faculty. The Washington College Department of Music embraces music from around the globe, from many different backgrounds, traditions, and cultures. We invite you to join us and take a course, take some lessons, become a major or minor, or just experience a concert!
From sea shanties and Neil Young to Batá drumming, Jordana Qi ’18 is following a musical path of her own composition. The journey of a young woman with epilepsy includes an internship at the Smithsonian Center for Folklife and Cultural Heritage and an upcoming gig with a troupe of actors with disabilities in Colorado.
Traveling on the Cuba Experience class over winter break, Rachel Brown ’16 used a Cater Society grant to develop a unique project with the help of three local Havana women.
Washington College’s fall concert series spans the range from classical guitar to experimental hip hop.
- Mar 06 7:30pm Woobin Park Duo, piano & cello
- Mar 23 7:30pm Last September - A Playwriting & Music Composition SCE from Andrew Wink
- Mar 24 7:30pm David Kim, violin & Matt Brower, piano
- Mar 25 7:30pm Last September - a Playwriting & Music Composition SCE from Andrew Wink
- Mar 31 12:00pm “The President’s Own” U.S. Marine Band Brass Quintet