The Institute for Religion, Politics and Culture is dedicated to the rigorous study of religion’s influence on American and world history, as well as its contemporary importance for cultural and political life. The Institute also explores a range of pressing issues facing contemporary society.
Funded by private individuals and foundations, the Institute conducts a number of highly successful programs, including:
- Oxford Research Seminar
- Jerusalem Experience: Hebrew University in Jerusalem
- Additional International Partnerships: Paris, Rome, Prague
- Alternative Spring Break 2015: “In The Footsteps of Francis I”- study trip to Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Distinguished Lectures and Symposia
- Peer-reviewed Book Series
- Cincinnatus Leadership Scholars Program
- Junior Associates Program
“Our mission is to study the various ways religious belief and practice and political culture intersect in terms of American and world history, contemporary American life, and internationally.”
— Joseph Prud’homme
Director of the Institute for Religion, Politics and Culture
Contact the Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Interfaith Forum on Faith, Peace, and Freedom
Interfaith Forum on Faith, Peace, and FreedomX
- Was Benghazi the Inevitable Result of a Broader Failed Foreign Policy? - Speaker Christine Dolan, former chief of reporting at CNN. Takes place Thursday February 5, 2015 in Hynson Lounge at Washington College, Chestertown Maryland.
- March 5, 2015: Panel discussion on Immigration, joint discussion with several other Washington College sponsors. 6:00pm, Hynson Lounge, located on Washington College campus, attached to Hodson Hall. [300 Washington Ave., Chestertown, MD 21620]
- March 20,2015: Workshop for up to 20 interested students on the relationship between the early development of capitalism and religion. Professor Stephen Strehle of Christopher Newport University will lead the seminar. 5:00pm, Sophie Kerr room, located on Washington College campus, upstairs in the Miller library.
More events are being planned for the spring. Stay tuned!