Faculty Advisor: Dr. Andrew Oros, Associate Professor of Political Science and International Studies
WC abroad programs in Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, and China (summer)
Required language of study: Japanese, or an Asian language abroad.
In addition to the Common Requirements for all concentrations, students must complete two courses related to Asia at Washington College.
Recommended Courses Offered At Washington College:
- HIS 381: Modern China
- HIS 383: Modern Japan
- PHL 416: Philosophy of Buddhism
- POL 316: Comparative Government: East Asia
- POL 346: Japanese Politics and Foreign Policy
- POL 347: Chinese Politics and Foreign Policy
- POL 351: Politics, Religion, and Ethnicity in South Asia
- POL 394: International Relations of East Asia
Special Topics courses dealing with Asia also are frequently offered at Washington College, and may be counted toward the two-course requirement.