Senior Capstone Experience
The Senior Capstone Experience (SCE) in English is an opportunity for English majors to bring their research and interpretive abilities, their writing skills, and their understanding of the literary tradition to bear on a long-term, independent project in the form of an essay and annotated bibliography that will serve as the culmination of their literary studies at Washington College. The SCE for English majors exemplifies each student’s accumulated knowledge and mastery of literary analysis.
For those students graduating December of 2014:
- January 31, 2014: Thesis Proposal due.
- May 1, 2014: Annotated bibliography due to advisor
- November 14, 2014: Completed thesis due.
For students graduating in May of 2015:
- March 28, 2014: Select area of interest and SCE advisor.
- September 5, 2014: Thesis proposal due.
- December 4, 2014: Annotated bibliography due.
- April 10, 2015: Completed theses due.
For those students graduating December of 2015:
- October 31, 2014: Select area of interest and SCE advisor.
- January 30, 2015: Thesis proposal due.
- April 30, 2015: Annotated bibliography due.
- November 20, 2015: Completed theses due.