Pi Lambda Theta
Pi Lambda Theta is a national honor society recognizing high standards in the study of education.
The Delta Theta Chapter of Pi Lambda Theta was established at Washington College in 2006.
- Panel of Education Experts
- Día de Fútbol volunteers
- 2014 Induction Speaker: Chris Cerino (mayor of Chestertown)
- Banned Books Week Awareness and Reading
- School Supply Drive
We are currently in the process of organizing a student tutoring program at the local library.
With a diversified membership welcoming those interested and involved in a multitude of teaching and learning endeavors (not just K-12), this honor society provides ongoing service, professional development, socials, and organizational leadership opportunities for its members.
- All strong sophomore*, junior and senior scholars, of any major, with a 3.5 cumulative GPA are eligible to apply to Pi Lambda Theta.
- Applicants intend to pursue a career in education (such as K-12 teaching, adult education, museum education, college-level teaching, etc.).
- Turn in a typed and completed application form to Ms. Cathy Naundorf in Goldstein 114 by 4pm on the second Friday in February.
*Sophomores must have completed three semesters at Washington College or a transfer college.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance in late February.
- The induction ceremony will be held after spring break.
- Once inducted, make sure that you are a member of the PLT Canvas page. Please contact our faculty advisor, Professor Bunten, with questions.