For Our Students
Global Education Opportunities
Departmental Honors and Awards
- The Rachel Scholz Leadership Award - Awarded to a graduating senior who, in the judgment of the Education Department, has demonstrated the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of an outstanding teacher-leader.
- The Education Department Award - Awarded to a graduating senior who, in the judgment of the department, has shown the promise of meaningful contributions to diversified pedagogy, cultural sensitivity, and global awareness with the fields of education and the liberal arts.
- The Seán O Connor Teaching Award - Awarded to a graduating senior who, in the judgment of the Education Department, has consistently displayed outstanding performance in teaching and authentic student engagement.
- Departmental Honors at Graduation - Minimum requirements are Dean’s List cumulative GPA (3.5) and honors level work (a grade of A- or better) in the Senior Capstone Experience course. Students who earn Departmental Honors typically go above and beyond these minimum requirements. In awarding Departmental Honors, the faculty seriously consider a student’s involvement in the life of the Department during her/his time at Washington College.
- Idealist Careers - Passionate about children’s literacy? Check out these jobs!
- Southern Teachers Agency
- School Spring - The Employment Source for Educators
- International Schools Services
- Association of Independent Schools in Maryland and DC
Make sure that you are a member of the Education Department’s Canvas page where we post specific job openings. Contact Professor Bunten with questions.