The Advisory Board of the Center for Environment & Society is integral to planning and furthering the mission of the Center.
Members constitute an active and dynamic group, working to:
- advise and recommend programming and Center direction
- provide knowledge, expertise, encouragement, and support to the Center
- serve as a conduit for supplies, speakers, and events
- facilitate the work of the Center by ensuring open and honest representation, creating a climate of consensus
- promote good will and trust within the community of interest and the community at large
- act as a liaison between politicians, organizational staff, members of the public, and other stakeholders
- provide and/or help solicit financial support for the Center, commensurate with individual means and circumstances
- assist the Center in securing the other resources needed to enhance the Center’s capabilities and programs
- assist the College leadership to ensure the Center’s stability.