With over 100 recognized club on campus, we realize that not every club is the same, therefore should not be treated the same.
Fund Allocation Process
Every club has different needs to be addressed and a one size fits all budgeting process is no longer practical.
Through new proposal guidelines the SGA wants to promote: collaboration among clubs, an increased amount of service, club sustainability, financial responsibility, assistance in achieving club goals and fair, and effective allocation of SGA resources.
We have broken down the clubs into the following categories:
- Greek Organizations/Honor Societies
- Service Clubs
- Club Sports
- Social Interest Groups
- Culture/Religion Groups
Looking at budgets from the past we have seen a few patterns develop and in order to promote fairness we feel that it is crucial to develop a system that reflects the different needs of all these groups.
For the complete list of budgeting guidelines and regulations, please refer to Fund Allocation and SGA Spending Guidelines. Every club will have to comply with Article I, but they will also be expected to adhere to the section that is specific to their designated.
All groups still have the same expectations and must operate under the same standards that are outlined below:
- Two hours of community service per active member (20 hours minimum)
- Ten active member minimum
- One collaborative event per semester
- Effort to fund-raise
- All events paid for using SGA funds must relate to Mission Statement of Club
- ALL events must be open to the whole campus
- All events being held by the club must have an event registration form submitted before the authorization of the use of SGA funds.