Alumni Weekend 2016
Alumni Weekend 2016 is almost here!
ONLINE REGISTRATION HAS OFFICIALLY CLOSED
However it is not too late to register by phone! In order to reserve your spot in this year’s Alumni Weekend call (410)-778-7215
June 3-5, 2016 is filled with all of the WC Alumni Weekend favorite activities, like the All-Campus Picnic and the Fireworks display, but the Classes and Reunions Committee has added some interesting new events, too! You won’t want to miss out on the fun opportunities to make new memories with family and old friends.
Highlights of the Weekend
Friday, June 3rd
- Start your weekend off on the right foot by joining the members of the Alumni Board at the opening happy hour in the Casey Academic Center.
- Alumni who register by May 31, 2016 get the first drink free!
- Celebrations will be held to honor the following groups of alumni:
- The Class of 1991 invites the classes of 1989-1993 to a cook out in the quad to celebrate 25 years.
- The Class of 1966 takes a sunset cruise down the Chester River aboard the Callinectes for desert and coffee to celebrate 50 years.
- The Older & Wiser Loyalists, Classes of 1937-1965, hare hosting a cocktail hour and buffet dinner on the second floor Arthur Davis Lobby in the Gibson Center for the Arts.
- The classes of 2001 and 2007 are hosting the All Alumni Bonfire. Join us at the fire pit near the quad dorms for a night of friends, fire, and funky beats. Music will be provided by alumni Kentavius Jones ’04 M’15, Brooks Long ’08, Ian Trusheim ’07, and friends, as they meld the traditions of vintage R&B with the aesthetics of classic singers/ songwriters.
Saturday, June 4th
- Bring the whole family and rediscover the magic at Washington College with recent alum and author T. Ian Flinn ’16.
- Throughout the day there are various tours offered, including:
- Join Professor Bill Schindler for an interactive regression into the times our hunter-gatherer roots. Professor Schindler is the co-star of National Geographic series, The Great Human Race, and will take you on an educational walk through Chestertown exploring all nature has to offer. As an additional treat everything that is foraged will be prepared and served at the All-Alumni event that evening.
- Relive the WAC of 1966 with a 3D virtual tour of campus created by the students in the Geographic Information Systems lab.
- Bestselling Author and C.V. Starr Center Director Adam Goodheart will lead a Civil War themed historical walking tour through downtown Chestertown.
- Experience the gleaming blue Chester River via the Washington College research vessel, the Callinectes.
- Take a 35 minute audio-guided walking tour of Chestertown and our beautiful waterfront circa- 1746. Music, reenactments, and first hand accounts of life along the water to bring the colonial port to life.
- See what’s new on campus and take a tour with one of the student ambassadors.
- A staple that cannot be missed during alumni weekend is the All Campus Picnic on the campus green. Join professors, and staff mentors for a relaxing lunch while listening to a newly founded alumni band, Mother’s Oven, featuring Jake Deal ’09 and Chip Hiden ’09. After the All Campus Picnic the classes of 1991 and 1996 will be hosting the Alumni Games, show the other classes what you’re made of and prove once and for all who is the best class.
- Take a walk through of various on campus locations, and visit captivating exhibits:
- “Beeing Up Close” Photography Exhibit
- “George Goes Greek: Archives Display
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Open House
- Hillel Open House
- WC Alumni Writers’ Union Reading
- Join President Shela Bair and Alumni Board members for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres.
- The Classes of 1971,1976, 1981, 1986 are hosting a crab feast down at the Truslow Boathouse on the Chester River.
- 2010’s Decade Celebration: “The Senior Cruise That Never Happened,” hosted by the Class of 2011
- Sample local wine from Kent County’s Crow Farm & Vineyard, and “Locally Crafted” a sampling of regional beers.
Sunday, June 5th
- Enjoy the best the dining hall has to offer in a delicious brunch, complete with mimosas and Bloody Marys!
- Join the Vice President of Finance and Administration Mark Hampton for conversation and coffee to discuss the future plans for the College.
And much, much more fun for all alumni, friends, and family!
Dorm accommodations are available at the link below. Just follow the event registration all the way through to reserve a room. If you have a special dorm request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will try to accommodate as many requests as possible.
Click below to connect with Washington College Alumni on Social Media.
Alumni Weekend 2015
Alumni Weekend 2015 started off strong, with alumni coming back to campus from near and far to enjoy an evening filled with great WC friends.
Photography provided by Lois Kitz and Geoff DeMeritt ’02 ...
As Saturday of Alumni Weekend progressed, the fun and merriment continued. Martha Washington Square was all abuzz with the sounds of alumni reconnecting and DawGone playing some seriously rockin’ tunes.
Photography provided by Lois Kitz ...
Saturday of Alumni Weekend 2015 was epic, and it began with tons of fun activities, like a Chester River Cruise on the Callinectes and of course, the All-Campus Picnic!
Photography provided by Lois Kitz ...
Reuniting classmates gathered on the steps of Bunting Hall for class photos during the picnic.
Photography provided by Lois Kitz and Geoff DeMeritt ’02