Students from 37 countries around the globe bring a cosmopolitan flavor to small-town America.
Washington College is home to approximately 145 international students from around the world; as well as a number of students who hold dual citizenship between the U.S. and another country. As an international student, you are a vital part of our College’s campus community. Having chosen Washington College, you are joining a vibrant campus community that benefits from the plurality of views and ideas that you bring from your home country and culture. We welcome you to Washington College - - we are so happy you chose us!
International Student Services
- Full orientation at the start of both the fall and spring semesters in collaboration with Student Affairs.
- Advising by full time staff, as well as International Peer Mentors, in areas of academic, social, personal and cultural adjustment.
- Opportunities for cultural exchange on-campus and within the community through the Cultural Ambassadors Program and the International Student & Community Mentor Program.
- Immigration Services: Collaboration with the U.S. Department of State (SEVIS) to initiate immigration process. Advising on employment, travel, and other matters which affect immigration status.
- On-campus events hosted by the Global Education Office and other clubs and organizations such as the International Relations Club, Language Clubs, and the I-House Council (East Hall).
- Local and regional trips that enhance the cultural experience of the international students. Past trips have included Annapolis, Philadelphia, New York City, Philadelphia, Williamsburg, and local trips to bowl, shop, and go pumpkin picking.
They Said it
Check out some of Washington College’s accolades:
- Princeton Review’s Top 376 Colleges
- Forbes List of America’s Top Colleges
- “Best Value” Kiplinger’s Personal Finance
- U.S. News & World Report Top Liberal Arts Schools
Learn more about the 45 Academic Programs offered at WC on the academics page. Some of our most popular programs include business, economics, international studies, political science, biology/pre-med, and psychology.
International Student Body
Washington College’s growing international population currently represents 8% of the student body. During the 2013-2014 academic year, Washington College had students from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, England, Ethiopia, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, New Zealand, Nigeria, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey, and Vietnam.
International Students Fall 2013