Become a Peer Mentor
We are no long accepting applications to become a Peer Mentor for 2013, but check back in January for next year!
Each application must be supported by two recommendations which are submitted electronically by the recommender. One must be from a faculty or staff member and another from a student (preferably a student in a leadership role) who has seen you interact with your fellow students. You should forward the link to this reference form to those who have agreed to be a reference for you and ask them to complete it and submit it electronically no later than February 22nd.
Interested in Becoming a Peer Mentor?
We are looking for students…
…who want to join a college-wide team to help new students become:
- Informed about Washington College
- Prepared for college life
- Connected to the school community
…with the following characteristics:
- An interest in helping new students understand college life
- An appreciation for people from diverse backgrounds and lifestyles
- An enthusiasm for Washington College
- An ability to serve as a positive personal and academic role model
- An eagerness to become more knowledgeable about campus resources
- A desire to develop leadership skills through new challenges
Make a commitment to being involved in the program from the Spring 2013 through the Spring 2014 semester
Participate in a two and a half day training during the week prior to graduation
Mentor a group of 12-15 new students during summer pre-orientation, orientation week and the fall semester with on-going support from the Washington College staff
Return to campus August 15 and actively participate in all aspects of orientation week
…and gain the following benefits:
- A stipend
- Membership in an elite team of 35 trained student peer mentors
- Recognition from the Washington College community for service and leadership
- Leadership skill development and résumé-worthy experience
- An opportunity to work with other outstanding Washington College students and staff
- A T-shirt
…for an application:
Download an application by clicking on the link at the top of this page or by pick up an application in Student Affairs.